Translate

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Kaieteur Falls, Guyana

My return ticket was from Georgetown, so I made sure I came back to the city in time.  Luckily my flight was on Friday, so I was able to take the Thursday flight to Kaieteur Falls.  On the flight to the falls, there weren't any clouds, so we were able to get a great view of what was below us.  As we approached the falls the forests were very dense and green.  Then we saw the falls and they were breath taking.  It was amazing to see the river and then the drop off.  Once we landed we were met by a guide and he showed us around.  We got to see the falls from 3 different places.  Unfortunately we weren't able to go to the closest viewing point, but thats ok.  The trip to the falls was definitely a great way to end my trip to the Guianas.  I had a wonderful time in each of the countries.  Completely different to what I was expecting, but absolutely amazing!!!!  Until next time!!

frog that was in the shower with me

the small plane

view of Georgetown

view from above

river to falls

nice name.....

my favorite butterfly, awesome to see in the wild!

meat eating plant

Guyana

Germany

golden frog

the falls

South Africa

Guyana

another golden frog

USA  7190

breath taking

Scotland

England

closest we could get......very steep drop

Germany

Guyana

so much water

Guyana   7195

welcome center

above the clouds

homemade dog food stand.....

No comments:

Post a Comment