Translate

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Parade for Carnaval Cayenne, Guyane

After lunch, my friend and I went for a hike to see some ruins of a prison.  Then we continued along the hike to a river.  We weren't able to enjoy the river because we had to make our way back to her place in time to watch the parade in Cayenne for Carnaval.  The parade was on Guyane time.  The groups were not one after the other.  They were spaced out with big gaps and often you would need to wait at least 15 minutes for the next group to pass by.  There was a lot of great music and really nice dancing.  It was interesting to see and like I said in the last post I am so glad that I stayed in Cayenne to experience Carnaval.  It was truly amazing!  Overall my experience in Guyane was really great and I am so glad that I made my way to this beautiful country!! Thanks to everyone who made my trip truly great!

the former prison grounds 

a leaf as big as me!

crazy tree roots

nice river

leaf eyes

the prison cells were so small

harsh

in a cell

doggie so tired

with a gorilla king?

part of the parade

nice palm trees in the center of the city

gorilla men

with a person dressed for touloulou (but her feet were showing, so not real touloulou)

Guadeloupe  7170

parade

in action

pretty cool

the musicians 

with strange gorilla men

another group

more music

even more music

 France   7171

No comments:

Post a Comment