Translate

Friday, January 15, 2016

Prosperity Village; French Guyane

  The border crossing from Suriname to French Guyane was easy enough.  I just had to get a stamp out of the country and then cross the river in a small shared boat  (15 srd).  I was the only one legally entering French Guyane.  I got my stamp and then I was on my way.  It was such a shock to see the French Flag everywhere, plus all the cars had french license plates.  It was so interesting.  I still thought that maybe they had their own flag, but it really is a French territory.  I got to even stop by the place where Europe sends their rockets off into space.  Once I got to Cayenne, I was told that we were going back to a village near Saint Laurent.  We joined up with a birthday party and I was able to get a lot of good photos.  Thanks to everyone who participated!

French license plates

place where rockets get launched

unfortuntely the next launch will be jan 29th

just a statue

EU flags

space center, but they were closing

sunset over the river just as i was getting into cayenne

prosperity village

clothes hanging out to dry

natural windchimes

a house at the end of the road

giving chips to the kids

France  7110

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

cheese from the bbq

France

France

Guyane  7120

France

France

France

France

apparently i looked very french by not looking at the camera

France


Guyane

Guyane


che cigarettes

dance floor in the village


Guyane

Guyane

Guyane  7130

Guyane


Guyane

Guyane

Guyane


Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

Guyane

France  7140

No comments:

Post a Comment