Translate

Friday, January 1, 2016

Georgetown, Guyana

I decided that I wanted to ring in the new year with an adventure.  Also a goal I made 2 years ago was to visit all the countries in South America.  I spent Christmas with my parents and soon after the holidays I decided to fulfill my goal.  I flew from Los Angeles to Panama City and finally to Georgetown.  Once I arrived I could immediately feel the temperature change and the humidity.  At the airport I met a really nice girl who had been living in Guyana for over a year and she told me that we could share a taxi into town.  On the way to the city we stopped to get a fresh coconut on the side of the road.  It was great for the heat.  Once I got into town I went to the "central park" of the city where there are manatees.  We feed the manatees and then went to the waterfront.  After the waterfront we went out for some drinks.  I decided to I wanted to try something new, so I tried a cocktail with jalapeño in it.  It actually tasted quite good.  It was a nice day to start my new adventures.

Canada

Canada 7045

Guyana

feeding the manatee 

the water was def not that clear!

waterfront

waterfront 

Denmark

Denmark  7048

No comments:

Post a Comment