Translate

Thursday, January 8, 2015

punta arenas

 My journey to Antarctica starts in Punta Arenas. First I was going to take a bus from Santiago to Punta Arenas but then I figured out it was 48 hours by bus or 4 hours by plane with not so much of a price difference, so I decided to take a plane.  The view from the airplane was gorgeous. It was the first time I had ever seen a rainbow from an airplane.  It was really cool.  The first thing I noticed about Punta Arenas is how windy the city is.  The view of the whole city from one of the hills was really amazing.  I had a great time here meeting people from different countries and meeting some great locals.  Thanks to those who participated!


rainbow from the airplane

from far away these guys looked like penguins


Chile

Chile

Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Chile   5280

at 11:30pm!!!!!

with the cowboy statue

England

Poland

France

Chile

France

Chile   5286

we made our own couchsurfing meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment