Translate

Thursday, February 5, 2015

back in Ushuaia

Getting off the ship and returning to Ushuaia was definitely weird.  All my friends, whom were part of my ship family for the past 11 days, were gone.  Everyone went their separate ways.  Some people flew back to their home towns immediately, others were staying at different hotels and hostels.  I returned back to my "home" and started back to "work".  Since I am on the hostel computer, I was able to upload my blog photos quite quickly.  At lunchtime I felt a bit lost.  Where was all my food and the people I sat with for all my meals.  No one understands what I just experienced and being back "home" was strange.  Luckily since I "lived" in Ushuaia for 2.5 weeks before going off to Antarctica I made some friends here.  The weather was beautiful: sunny and hot!  A friend of mine and I decided to go on a bike ride.  We biked past Playa Larga and went until the road ended.  Then we walked up in the woods for a little bit and then made our way to the water.  The water was GORGEOUS!! I couldnt believe the water I was looking at was here in Ushuaia.  I was able to take some fantastic underwater photos because the water was so clear.  If I had brought my bikini I wouldve gone swimming.  The water wasn´t too cold and it was so hot.  On the bike ride back it started raining quite hard and the wind picked up.  It wouldnt be Ushuaia without a bit of rain and wind.  

England

USA

Canada

Switzerland

Switzerland   5680

USA

Switzerland

Switzerland

on the path much further away from Playa Larga

gorgeous waters!!!!

so clear

i wanted to swim

2 starfish

a pebble beach

kelp everywhere

i wanted to take a pic of my ship, but it was already gone

France

France

France

Israel

Israel

Israel

Germany  5690

Netherlands
Canada
Netherlands

Argentina  5694

my "home" in Ushuaia

No comments:

Post a Comment