Translate

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Half Moon Island/ Whaler´s Bay

It was amazing to wake up and see the Glaciers around us.  We had a very early start.  It was a bit difficult to wake up, but once I saw the view, I was instantly awake.  The beauty was breath taking.   First we went to Half Moon Island where we had a nice hike around the place.  We past an Argentine base and were able to talk to some of the guys who were preparing the base for the scientists to arrive.  Then we had a nice hike to the view point and wow that was a spectacular view!!!  Then we went back to the boat to have lunch.  After lunch we arrived to Deception Island.  We had another nice hike to a great view point and were able to walk around and check things out.  Then after that we did the Polar Plunge!!!!  It was soooooooo cold!!!!!  When I got on the boat a Slovak family let me have a couple shots of plum alcohol.  That helped me warm up. Then after dinner I went straight to the jacuzzi to warm up even more. I finished the night playing games with my deck of Czech cards.  It was a great first full day of excursions.

woke up to this

and

Sweden

stomach lining of the penguins

chinstraps

Germany

USA

walking tours

Slovakia

Canada

Canada

Argentina

Argentina

Argentina

Argentina  5570

Argentina

England

USA

USA

yahhhh

Russia

got to the top

Mexico

New Zealand

Philippines

Taiwan

Taiwan  5580

remains

kayak group

Japan

USA

New Zealand

nice view point

USA

Slovakia

Slovakia   5586

jacuzzi

czech cards

No comments:

Post a Comment