Translate

Monday, February 16, 2015

Ecuador...day 1 Carnaval

The day I arrived to Ecuador was the beginning of Carnaval.  I was lucky enough to get picked up from the airport and join a family going to Ambato.  Ambato is the city in Ecuador where they really know how to celebrate Carnaval.  There was an amazing parade that lasted for 2 hours.  All the floats were made from flowers or other natural products, similar to the rose parade in the United States.  I took so many photos of the dancers and floats, but just 2 photos of people wearing my glasses.  I think I was just too focused on the parade.  It seriously was amazing.  My favorite part was when the other countries came out and did their dances as well.  It was definitely an amazing day!!!


the parade is about to start

all made from flowers or seeds


colorful costumes


queens on every float

unique outfits

more floats

the make up was great too

too bad her hand is in the way

Ecuador  (finally took a photo )

Ecuador

me with a float

so unique

bolivia

brazil

colombia

mexico

ecuador

roasted pig, haha

leaving banos

No comments:

Post a Comment