Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quito, Ecuador

Today I finally went into Quito.  We drove around and I got to see a bunch of different sites.  Once in the city, I was quite thankful that I am staying outside of Quito.  It was nice to see all the places, but it is definitely better living outside of the city.  The views that we were able to get of the city were awesome.  Later in the day we went to visit my host's father.  I was able to try another new fruit, taxo.  It was great to be able to taste a new fruit straight from the tree.  I only got one photo of someone wearing my glasses today, but I thought the photos of the city should be on my blog today. 


colorful streets

one of the many churches

modeled after a church in spain

another church

and another

and another

nice domes

inside the virgin statue

view from the statue

inside the statue

temple de la patria

mosaic oustide

SUPER LONG name!!

taxo flower

on the left is taxo

Ecuador

corn statue

cacao 

too tired to work

lots of fruits

typical clothing

more fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment