Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Niš, Serbia Day 2

I started the day off with a nice and relaxing bath.  On my way to the downtown area, I came across a church and had to go inside.  The paintings were really nice.  Then I made my way to the Skull Tower.  It is a horrifying tower that was made a long time ago to scare future rebels.  The tower is 4.5 meters high and used to include 952 skulls.  It was a crazy sight to see. Today there are only 68 skulls that remain in the tower.  The tower symbolizes the struggle Serbians had against the Ottomans. While walking around in the city I was given a free energy drink a company was handing out to everyone as a promotion.  The taste was pretty good. Then I went to the Archaeology Museum.  There were several artifacts and it was interesting to check out.  While I was at a park, a pigeon flew onto my shoe and then went on my bag.  It was quite bizarre how comfortable the pigeon was with me.  Then I met with a couchsurfer to hang out in the fortress area.  For dinner, I met with one of my friends and had delicious halumi.  It was a great way to end the day. 

great way to start the day
inside a church
outside the church
building protecting the Skull Tower
wow
the main skull
ahhh
all the gaps used to have skulls
crazy
another side of the tower
close up
all together
horrifying
nice taste
Constantine the Great
old jewelry
why you on my foot?
why you on my bag???
main square
street art at the fortress
Czech Republic  9790
night time
empty cafe
delicious dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment