Translate

Friday, September 6, 2019

Old Town (Ohrid, Macedonia)

I decided that on my second day in Ohrid, I needed to check out the Old Town.  When I was entering the gates to the Old Town, I saw a sign that said only residents and people staying in the Old Town could enter.  Luckily, there was a huge group of students in front of me. While entering a person asked me where I was from and I just pretended I didn't understand English and just followed the students into the Old Town area.  Once I got into the gates I parted ways and went where I wanted to go.  First I went to a very old church that had original paintings inside.  Nothing was retouched.  It was stunning!  Then I walked near the theater and saw all the students buying magnets from a specific vendor.  I knew the prices had to be good. I decided to purchase a magnet and the seller gave me one for free because he said I was nice.  That was pretty cool.  Then I walked to the fortress and enjoyed great views of the city.  At the end of the day I enjoyed a nice bonfire by the beach with some couchsurfers.  Then I walked back to my hostel and found out I had the whole room to myself.  5 euros for my own room was pretty darn good!

old town
nice terrace
drinking water
Poland
fortress in the distance
lake in the distance
amazing church
side view
info about the church
theater
church in the distance
entrance
entrance to the fortress
view of the lake
view of the fortress
other side of the fortress
me in the fortress
nice views of the fortress
another view
flag of Macedonia
cobble stone streets
leaving the old town area

trying peppers
flower tunnel
clear waters
houses
clear waters
mojito
nice sunset
church
let's make a fire
burn burn burn
first bonfire ever!
Turkey
Germany
Egypt   9750
nice lights

No comments:

Post a Comment