Translate

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Podgorica, Montenegro

I took an early morning bus from Tirana to Podgorica.  Once again the border control was super easy.  We didn't need to get out of the bus, the only thing was that the line of cars waiting to cross the border was a bit longer than when I went from Macedonia into Albania.  Once I arrived to Podgorica I was able to walk around and enjoy some nice views.  The church on the outside didn't look like much, but once inside the paintings were amazing to look at.  There was so much gold!!  I couldn't believe how many different scenes were in there.  It was impressive and so was the mosaic on the floor.  The sidewalks in the city were very wide, but there wasn't too much going on in the city.  I ended the day with a nice local meal.

fields and hills
first statue I came across in Podgorica
outside the church
at the entrance
INSIDE!!!
gold!
so much gold
nice mosaic on the ground
so many faces
faces of people who donated money for the church
bridge
wide sidewalks
gate
some ruins
stone bridge
more ruins
river
under a bridge
lots of graffiti
sunset
tower
fountain
yummy dinner

1 comment:

  1. all these pics of places; Podgorica , Skada & the coast.. but dont mention people ? :)

    ReplyDelete