Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Novi Pazar, Serbia

I have a friend who recently went to Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo.  I told her that I was planning the same, but also going to Montenegro and Serbia.  She immediately warned me that it might not be possible for me to go to Serbia if I go to Kosovo.  My flight ticket back to Vienna was from Niš, Serbia so I HAD to go into Serbia.  I decided to do research online before my trip and what I found out was that if I wanted to go to both Kosovo and Serbia, the best and legal way was to enter Kosovo from Serbia and exit Kosovo back into Serbia.  So, instead of going from Montenegro straight into Kosovo, I decided to go to Novi Pazar, Serbia.  I didn't find any websites that recommended this, I just was looking at the map and figured that this might be a good option.  I took a bus from Podgorica to Novi Pazar (15 euros).  The border crossing was easy enough and my accommodation was walking distance from the bus station.  What I found interesting about the city was how many mosques there were.  Also, in the stores they didn't sell alcohol.  I wasn't looking to buy, I just observed it.  One day was more than enough in Novi Pazar.  I'm glad I went because it was a relaxed and low key day, but I probably wouldn't visit again because there wasn't much going on.  If you want to take the same legal route into Kosovo, I would recommend just staying a few hours to break up the travel time, but then continue your journey the same day.   **Another post without the glasses and just the sights I saw.**

super tall bridge
nice mountains
view from my room
walking into town
wide sidewalks
lots of stones
nice view
view of part of the city
wall ruins
old tower
archway
cute
in a hidden stairway
mosque
I was able to go inside and didn't need to cover my head
river
church
opps, they were having mass
entrance
details
another mosque
and another
must be a very old house
a cup for my blog! haha
I don't think the city was touristy enough to have this sign
another mosque
bus station
bus going to Prishtina

No comments:

Post a Comment