Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Prishtina, Kosovo

It was interesting entering Kosovo from Serbia. While we were crossing into Kosovo some immigration officers came on the bus and said something.  I had no idea what they were saying, but they didn't check anyone's identification.  For sure I was the only foreigner on the bus and the officers didn't notice me.  So, I entered Kosovo without having to worry about getting a stamp in my passport (Serbia would have a problem with it).  By the time the bus was getting to Prishtina there were only 4 of us. When I got off the bus I walked around a bit, saw a bunch of USA flags, and came across the Newborn sign. I took a photo of the back of the sign and when I went back to the front I had a camera and microphone in my face. I was interviewed for TV on what I thought about Kosovo. I had just got off the bus 30 minutes before the interview!! I told them I thought it was nice. Then I was asked about the people and I told the interviewer she was the first person I met in Kosovo!! It was quite funny. Of course after the interview I had them wear my glasses. Then I continued on my day and walked all over the city. Then I thought, OMG how am I gonna see the interview. I looked back at my photo of the interviewer and saw the name of the media company on the microphone, looked them up on FB, messaged them (expecting a message the next day or maybe not at all) and got a message in less than 10 minutes saying that they'll send me the interview once they edited it. They kept their word and sent me the link, you can find my interview here. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the video.  You can find me at around the 3.50 mark.
almost empty bus as I was arriving to Prishtina
Bill Clinton Statue
Hilary's photo right behind the corner
Mother Theresa Church
Pope with Mother Theresa
Pope John Paul with Pope Francis
simple church
statue for Madeline Albright
important monument for those in Kosovo

back of the sign

Kosovo  9777
Kosovo
Graffiti of the skyline of Prishtina
pug life

chasing emojis
nice graffiti
empty area
had to get a pic
nice
Mexican style
Kosovo  9779
Beavis and Butthead
going to a nice view point of the city
nice view!
mosque
interesting statues
old church (not in use)
inside the library
outside the library
interesting architecture
information about the monument
casket of a Turkish sultan
super old tree
statue of liberty???

No comments:

Post a Comment