Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Prizren, Kosovo (Day 1)

I took a bus early in the morning from Prishtina to get to Prizren.  Prizren wasn't part of my plans, but so many people recommended it to me, so I decided that I should check it out.  When I got to the hostel, I was welcomed by the cutest dog, Bamboo.  Then I walked around the town and made my up to the fortress of the city.  There was a steep road leading up to the fortress.  Once I got up there, the view of the city was awesome!  Apparently there are 50 mosques in the city.  I was able to spot more than 30.  I found a place for lunch that was quite nice and it was only for 1.20 euros.  Then I went to a cafe and suddenly there was live traditional music being played.  I made my way over to the guys and was able to get two of them to wear my glasses.  It was a great first day in Prizren.

cutie
didn't like pictures
church
nice street art with a mosque in the background
steep roads
view going up
old church
2 euros to go in, but no guard
view of the city
wide walking space
ruins
no one there
panorama
gotta get in that view
fortress grounds
canon
nice archway
more arches
outside the fortress
another angle
hidden door
hidden staircase
lead to this
going back to the light
more of the fortress
had a person from California take this pic for me
walking back down
inside the main mosque
ceiling
no one else was there
keeping the tree warm
nice views
another mosque
lunch for 1.20 euros
old church
typical music
Kosovo  9780
Kosovo
Kosovo
Turkey   9783
night view

No comments:

Post a Comment