Translate

Friday, September 6, 2019

Ohrid, Macedonia

On this trip to the Balkans, I actually made a big mistake before even leaving Praha.  I went to the Prague Railroad station to wait for my bus to Vienna Airport and somehow I sat in the wrong area and didn't see my bus come.  I actually missed my bus.  I waited for over an hour and a half and was wondering what happened to my bus.  I finally found out that it actually showed up on time and I somehow missed it.  Luckily I was able to get my money back and I was able to find another bus to get me to the airport.  It was the first time EVER that I missed transportation on any of my trips.  However, it all worked out and I was able to catch my flight from Vienna.  Once I arrived to my hostel in Ohrid, the owner told me that he overbooked and didn't have a place for me at the hostel.  Luckily, he knew of a property nearby that I could stay at.  The price was just 5 euros/night and I shared the room with one person.  The property was actually MUCH better than the original place where I should've stayed at, so I was very happy.  The views of the Ohrid lake reminded me so much of a seaside view.  It really didn't look like a lake.  I got to enjoy nice views of the lake and met some nice couchsurfers who were also visiting the lake.  It was a nice first day.

catching my early flight~
walking to the hostel
2nd mosque towards the hostel
mosque in the downtown area of the city
other tourists
nice architecture
walking on a boardwalk
church by the water
water taxi
so clear!!
an old church
gate to the water
guys were jumping off the cliff
Macedonia
quite rocky area
lovely day
calm waters
nice view!
me  :)
walking back to the main area of the city
wide sidewalks
sunset
reminded me of a view from california
great sunset
great day!
Belgium  9745
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment