Translate

Friday, September 13, 2019

Prizren, Kosovo (Day 2/3)

On my second day in Prizren, it was a very relaxing start of the day because I didn't need to go anywhere.  I started the day with going to the roof top of the hostel.  The views were nice and it was relaxing just chilling on the hammock.  Then I decided to walk to the NATO Monument and I noticed that the dog, Bamboo, decided to follow me.  We had a wonderful walk to the monument.  There were a couple times I was worried that he would get run over by a car, so after the walk, I decided to take him back to the hostel so I wouldn't have to feel responsible for him.  I decided to try some cheese burek from a place that only sells burek.  It was quite nice.  Then I found a random path near a river and decided to walk along it.  I saw on google maps that it would lead me back to the fortress, so I continued on.  It was a nice path and it was great to be in nature and see all the mountains around me.  When I got back to the hostel a street dog came and went under my legs for protection and comfort.  He was very friendly and cute.  Then I walked back to the the downtown area for some pics and then called it a night.  The next day I had to go to the bus terminal to go back to Prishtina.  I wanted to say bye to Bamboo, but I couldn't find him.  As I was walking to the terminal I suddenly saw him following me.  He came with me all the way to the bus terminal.  He basically sent me off to my bus.  When I got to Prizren I was welcomed by Bamboo and when I left, he said his farewell to me.  It was heart breaking for me to see him outside the bus.  I will definitely miss him the most from Prizren.  Such a good dog!!

view from rooftop
Bamboo
shallow waters
stone bridge
main mosque
going for our walk
Bamboo with the NATO monument
church that was damaged
common view
yummy cheese burek
beginning of the random path
not many people in the area
fortress with the city in the background
red roofs everywhere
cute street dog
Kosovo   9784
Bamboo
night view
nice colors
sleeping away
looks like someone is following me
good bye!
you can see him outside the window!!

No comments:

Post a Comment